Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This mediaeval monarch is known for his marriage to a woman who had been Queen of France, fighting his sons and ridding himself of a turbulent priest. Who is he?
2. Donald Campbell was killed in January 1967, while trying to break the world water speed record. On which body of water did he die?
3. The name of Bernard Montgomery is most associated with which famous battle?
4. John Lydon (b. 1956) is a somewhat surprising addition to the list. Perhaps the most famous punk rocker of all, by what name was he known when he was in the Sex Pistols?
5. The fact that this person's name appears on the list at all shows certain elasticity with the rules, as he is Irish rather than British. Born in Dublin in 1960, who is this musician and humanitarian, the vocalist for the group U2?
6. The founder of the Virgin Empire - what is his name?
7. James Watt (1736-1819) was famous for his work in which field?
8. "Harry Potter" author J. K. Rowling features on this list of Greatest Britons. Where was she born?
9. King Richard III was the last English king to die in battle. To which royal house did he belong, York or Lancaster?
10. Which fourteenth century author is often known as "The Father of English Literature"?
Source: Author Supersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor gtho4
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.