Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This composer is very well known for his "Pomp and Circumstance March No.1", which USA quizzers may also know as "The Graduation Song". Who is he?
2. Julie Andrews won an Academy Award for Best Actress for "The Sound of Music".
3. We stay in the world of music for our next Briton, who didn't actually arrive in Britain until he was seventeen. Where was Queen frontman Freddie Mercury born?
4. When this man died in 1922, the telephone service in the USA was halted for one minute as a tribute. Who was he?
5. Harry Webb was born in India in 1940. He had his first hit record in 1958 and without a shadow of a doubt we can congratulate him on a successful career, which has lasted for fifty years and is still going strong. He was knighted in 1995. By what name do we know him?
6. Which Conservative politician gave the controversial "Rivers of Blood" speech in 1968?
7. Where did Robert Falcon Scott (1866-1912) meet his death?
8. Which famous Briton died as a result of a motorcycle accident near Wareham, Dorset, in 1935?
9. Florence Nightingale is famous for revolutionising the nursing profession. Where was she born?
10. It's rather surprising to find our next Briton on the list, as there's no firm evidence that he ever existed! However, according to legend, what was King Arthur's surname?
Source: Author Supersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.