Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Whose novels included "Pride and Prejudice" and "Sense and Sensibility"?
2. Who was captain of the England football team when they won the World Cup in 1966?
3. What is William Caxton credited with introducing to England in the fifteenth century?
4. Former Prime Minister Tony Blair was Member of Parliament for which constituency?
5. Born in London in 1889, this actor's trademarks were a bowler hat, toothbrush moustache and a cane. What was his surname?
6. George Stephenson (1781-1848) was a pioneer in what field?
7. James Connolly (1868-1916) was a leading figure in the 1916 Easter Rebellion in Dublin. Though Irish, he was voted on to the list. How did he die?
8. Sir David Attenborough is perhaps best known for his superb nature documentaries. However, as Controller of BBC2, what did he introduce to the UK on 1st July 1967?
9. Which of The Beatles formed the film production company HandMade Films?
10. This lady's birth name was Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon. Who is her famous offspring?
Source: Author Supersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.