Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Alexander Fleming is famous for discovering Penicillin. In which country was he born?
2. Which of Paul McCartney's compositions had the working title "Scrambled Eggs"?
3. To which royal house did Queen Victoria belong?
4. A name from the world of show business next. Presumably, Michael Crawford is included because of his theatrical triumphs, including "The Phantom of the Opera" and "Barnum". However, knowing the British sense of humour, he could well have been voted in for his portrayal of which gormless character from "Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em"?
5. Arthur Scargill is most associated with which Trade Union?
6. Arthur Wellesley (1769-1852) is better known as the Duke of?
7. Which King of Wessex is known as "the Great"?
8. Which organisation was founded by Robert Baden-Powell (1857-1941)?
9. Which famous explorer had a ship named "Endeavour"?
10. What was Ernest Shackleton trying to do on his expedition which began in 1914?
Source: Author Supersal1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.