Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which Welshman became notorious as a pirate leader after conquering and looting the Spanish Panamanian strongholds of Portobello and Santiago Castle?
2. What was the real name of the notorious pirate "Blackbeard?"
3. John Rackham was an English pirate captain who was known by what nickname?
4. John Rackham had a lover who was a famous female pirate. What was her name?
5. Mary Read was another famous female pirate. How did she meet her fate?
6. Which former privateer became governor of The Bahamas and is credited with driving the pirates from the islands?
7. Which pirate was known for merely stealing the loot and leaving?
8. Which pirate captain refused amnesty and fled The Bahamas, but was marooned after failing to capture a French Man-o-War?
9. How did the term "Buccaneer" originate?
10. The city of Port Royal was famous for "Gallows Point" where numerous pirates were hanged. On which Caribbean Island is Port Royal?
Source: Author shanteyman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor DakotaNorth
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.