Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Moses was born to Amram and Yocheved. Of which Jewish tribe were they?
2. According to Jewish tradition, Moses was given other names by members of his family. Which of the following is not one of those names?
3. In which book of the Old Testament is the story of Moses, the departure from Egypt and the inscribing of the Ten Commandments written?
4. According to the Midrashic view, what ailment did Moses suffer from?
5. What was the name of Moses' guardian angel?
6. Moses lived in the Pharaoh's palace until the age of 18. What unfortunate incident made Moses leave the palace?
7. After leaving Egypt at the age of 18, in the Torah, Moses fled to Midi'an, but in the Midrash, Moses arrived in a land called Cush. In which modern-day African country is Cush located?
8. According to the Midrash, when Moses came to Midian, what was the first thing that Jethro did?
9. Zipporah and Moses were eventually married. What was the name of their first-born son?
10. How did God first reveal himself to Moses?
11. Moses came to Pharaoh and said "Let my people go!", but Pharaoh refused. What came next were the ten plagues, which brought the land of Egypt to its knees. Which of the following is not one of the ten plagues?
12. What did Moses not forget to take from the Nile before departing Egypt?
13. Pharaoh finally relented after the death of his firstborn son, and let Moses lead the Jews out of Egypt. But soon his mood changed and he decided to pursue the column of fleeing Jews. When the Egyptians caught up with the Jews, what kept the Egyptian army at bay until the Jews were safely across the Red Sea?
14. Where did Moses die?
15. Which Jewish holiday commemorates the deeds of Moses and the freedom of the Jewish people from slavery?
Source: Author LeoDaVinci
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.