Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the first player to hit 30 home runs in a season?
2. Which manager in 2008 took a team to the postseason for the 13th consecutive season, falling just one season short of tying a record?
3. Who was the Cy Young Award named after?
4. In the 1956 World Series, which Yankee pitcher threw baseball's first series perfect game?
5. Minnesota Twin Johan Santana won the Cy Young Award and threw a Triple Crown in 2006. Which team did Santana pitch for in 2008?
6. What was the name of the Houston Astros franchise before being named the Astros?
7. Which of the following never hit 500 home runs in their career?
8. "Casey At The Bat". Was this book about Casey Stengel? Who knows, but it was Stengel who managed the New York Yankees to 10 World Series appearances in 12 seasons from 1949-1960. Casey was also a player for 14 seasons in his career. Which team did he never play for?
9. There are more players nicknamed "Lefty" in baseball history than you can count on your fingers and toes times five. One pitcher nicknamed "Lefty" won four Cy Young awards, and even threw for a Triple Crown. He began his career as a Cardinal, then made his name famous as a Phillie. Who is this Hall of Fame great?
10. Only a few more than 20 pitchers in baseball history have won over 300 games in their careers. This is a pinacle milestone for a pitcher. Which of the following never reached that plateau?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.