Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. James Evader is a known bank robber. He has just gone on a crime spree of 37 Seattle banks, removing a total of 10,000 U.S. dollars. The authorities are after him, but he is on the move. He smuggles through to Canada, and decides to dispose of the evidence. He exchanges his U.S. dollars for Canadian dollars. What is the difference between the two?
2. As Ol' Jim is heading towards the Soviet Union, on a Lear jet flight, he contemplates the situation. He holds thousands of Canadian dollars in his possession, even after purchasing accommodations in downtown Montreal. He thinks as to which U.S. state his problems began in, Washington. As for states again, in what state are most U.S. coins minted?
3. Now in Russia, Evader needs to dispose of any currency associated with the North American continent. He exchanges the Canadian dollars for Russian roubles. He also needs change. Which of the following Russian subdivisions equals one rouble?
4. The United States authorities suspect Jim's route. They contact the Russian authorites to go after him. He decides to throw them off the trail, and shifts his direction south. He approaches Mongolia, and thankfully has prior knowledge of their currency. What is it?
5. You will have a hard time believing this. He takes a train to Hong Kong, and boards a vessel to New Zealand. He hopes to cut across the Antarctic circle, to get to his final destination of Brazil. Speaking of Antarctic bases, how do they "base" their currencies?
6. Of course, this quiz would not even be possible without the IMF(International Monetary Fund). Used by the organization is the SDR, for accounting purposes. Some countries use it as a model for their own currency. What does SDR stand for?
7. Anyway, back to our felon. James Evader is in New Zealand. Before he can flee again, on a boat to India, he needs to pay for the ferry. What currency belonging to New Zealand will accommodate him?
8. Okay, he is on his way to India. At one time, Jim had considered staying on remote Christmas Island (Ho Ho Ho!) Thought I would throw a pun in! Anyway, Christmas Island is under the currency of the dollar, but which country does it belong to?
9. Now in India, he obtains rupees. His next stop will be Sri Lanka, in case any authorities have traced him to India. Is India the only country that uses the rupee?
10. He is in Sri Lanka, now. Small country, indeed. Which of the following is NOT true about Sri Lankan currency?
11. After laying low for a while, only one continent separates him from Brazil, where he can never be traced. Jim smuggles on a turbo prop across the Indian Ocean, to Africa. He has to go through Ethiopia, and take a train to the Ivory Coast. The train fee will be in what currency?
12. James Evader has endured a gruelling ride across the Sahara Desert. He has a friend in Portugal who will give him a phony passport to cross the Atlantic Ocean into Argentina. His friend is sending him 50 Euros. Before joining the European union, what was the currency of Portugal?
13. Evader ends up getting to Argentina. Almost at his destination, he needs a second to another currency exchange. What will he obtain in Argentina?
14. Evader has finally gotten to Brazil. He trades for Brazilian currency, and to his sheer surprise, he is found. He is apprehended and flown back to Seattle, Washington. What is the currency of Brazil that did him in?
15. Our character has been on a global escapade, only to get back to where he started. Before his final arrest, he thinks of his home country, Belgium. What is the currency of Jim's country (make him proud)?
Source: Author greg9570
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.