Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This monument was created by sculptor Daniel French. It a seated statue of a president that is surrounded by a temple that resembles the Parthenon. What 19-foot famous monument is it?
2. This monument was designed by sculptor Frederic Auguste Bartholdi with the engineering help of Gustave Eiffel as a gift from France. It was unveiled on Oct 28, 1886. What is the name of this monument?
3. This monument weighs 2,000 pounds, commissioned in 1751 for the Pennsylvania State House. It is enshrined in a 13,000 square foot glass gazebo. What is the famous monument?
4. This monument was designed by Finnish-American architect Eero Saarinen. It represents Thomas Jefferson's initiative to expand to the West as Lewis and Clark Expedition began and finished here. What is the name of this 630 foot monument?
5. This monument depicts U.S. presidents' images that are carved on a mountainside by sculptor Gutzon Borglum that are 60 feet high. What is this famous monument?
6. This U.S. president stands in a columned rotunda styled after the Pantheon in Rome. The memorial was officially dedicated by President Roosevelt on April 13, 1943, the bicentennial anniversary of his birthday. What is this famous 19-foot bronze monument with a president?
7. This monument commemorates a day that lives in infamy that is December 7, 1941 when the Japanese bombed a U.S. naval base in a sneak attack. This memorial is anchored in the harbor. What is this infamous monument?
8. This monument displays a man in a business suit, with arms folded that is carved into a centerpiece known as the Stone of Hope. It was officially dedicated on August 28, 2011; that was the 48th anniversary of the March on Washington. What is this famous 30-foot monument?
9. This monument was constructed by Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. The 1,776 foot tall architecture was completed on May 2, 2013. The memorial was unveiled on September 11, 2011 in honor of those who died in the 2001 terrorist attack. What is this memorial building?
10. This monument was designed by artist Maya Lin and erected in 1982. It consists of two long walls of black granite in the shape of a V. Each wall has inscribed the names of the men and women who gave their lives, or are missing in action. Can you name the memorial?
Source: Author SLAPSHOT4
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.