Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Although it is unmentioned in Tim Rice's lyrics to the stage and movie musical "Evita," of what nation is the rufous hornero (Furnarius rufus) the national bird?
2. The Scarlet Macaw (Ara macao), the national bird of Honduras, is found growing wild in which locations?
3. Of which English-speaking Central American nation, formerly British Honduras, is the Keel-billed toucan (Ramphastos sulfuratus) the national bird?
4. Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid sought greener pastures in which South American country which has, as its national bird, the Andean condor (Vultur gryphus)?
5. The national bird of Guyana (Opisthocomus hoazin) is known by a variety of names including which of the following?
6. New World Orioles are members of the genus Icterus which is part of the blackbird family. Which one is the national bird of Venezuela?
7. In addition to Heitor Villa-Lobos, Pelé, Carmen Miranda, Ayrton Senna, and Antônio Carlos Jobim, the Rufous-bellied thrush is the pride of which very large South American nation?
8. Just south of the Brazillian state of Rio Grande do Sul and just north of the city of Buenos Aires, the Southern lapwing (Vanellus chilensis) is the national bird of which nation?
9. The bare-throated bellbird (Procnias nudicollis) is endemic to the subtropical and tropical forests of Argentina, Brazil, and which other nation which adopted it as its national bird?
10. Which nation, home of the Incan Empire, with a capital of Lima, has, as its national bird, the Andean cock-of-the-rock (Rupicola peruvianus)?
Source: Author FatherSteve
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor stedman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.