Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What is the name of the gallery that contains the most treasured works of literature in the British Library?
2. Undoubtedly one of the most priceless works of literature in the British Library is one of the original copies of the Bible created by which pioneer of the printing press?
3. As if the first printed Bible isn't enough, the British Library also contains a copy of the second major printed work, created by Peter Schäffer. What work did Schäffer print?
4. Which individual was partner in the production of both the first printed Bible and of Schäffer's printed work?
5. The oldest example of Japanese print can be found in the British Library, a copy of the "One Million Pagoda Charms". What was the name of the Japanese Empress who ordered the printing of this work?
6. Another astounding piece of literature, this time the earliest dated printed work, what is the name of this Buddhist scripture to be found in the British Library?
7. Another work of Asian literature found in the British Library, the "Raknakuta" (or 'Gem-Heap') is the earliest known collection of sermons from which figure of world religion?
8. The British Library is fortunate to house a very early French work called "Somme Le Roi", a compendium of moral instruction. Name the French man of religion who penned this interesting work.
9. The 'Kar Gling Zhi Khro' is a very well known 'book of the dead'. The British Library contains an original of this text, discovered by Karma Lingpa in the 14th century. In which country was this book created?
10. Contained within the British Library also is a portion of the very first complete manuscript of the New Testament. What is the title of this 'Codex'?
Source: Author thejazzkickazz
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.