Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Located in the Pyrenees Mountains, this tiny country's official language is Catalan, but French and Spanish are also commonly spoken.
2. Marking the boundary between the Caribbean Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, the Lesser Antilles are a string of islands making up several small nations. Which of these Lesser Antilles nations is the tiniest?
3. In 2000, this South Pacific island nation made tech-world headlines for leasing its domain name for 50 million U.S. dollars. It is also slowly sinking into the ocean.
4. With an economy that is totally dependent on tourism, this wee European nation is known for its elegant casino, spectacular scenery, princes and princesses.
5. Of the world's nations having a population over one million, which is the smallest in area?
6. This island country is located in the Indian Ocean, southwest of India. It consists of 1190 islands, only 198 of which are inhabited, and none of which is larger than five square miles (13 sq. km) in area.
7. Although its area is just 62 square miles (161 sq. km), and it has a population of just 33,000, this tiny Alpine country regularly fields medal-winning athletes at the Winter Olympics.
8. The world's smallest country is also the world's only country where Latin is the official language. Which country is it?
9. Which of these small landlocked African countries is completely surrounded by the Republic of South Africa?
10. At just eight square miles (21 sq. km), this teensy South Pacific island nation is so small, it has no official capital. A century of mining has stripped four-fifths of its land.
11. This tiny Middle East island country is located in the Persian Gulf... just off the Saudi Arabia coast. It has an area of just 257 square miles (668 sq. km).
12. This South Pacific island nation is known among philatelists for being the first country to issue a self-adhesive postage stamp.
13. Bordered by Germany, France and Belgium, this diminutive country has an area of only 998 square miles (2595 sq. km).
14. Which of these tiny island nations is NOT located in the Indian Ocean?
15. Which of these choices has the smallest land area?
Source: Author wildebeest
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.