Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What country is most closely related to Madagascar in terms of culture, including language?
2. Which of these is NOT a province of Madagascar?
3. In 1960 Madagascar gained its independence from which European country?
4. In a conservation effort, aye-aye's were released on what island off the coast of Madagascar?
5. Madagascar is the fourth largest island in the world (not counting continents, of course, such as Australia). True or false?
6. Which of these animals never inhabited Madagascar?
7. Which of these cities is NOT located in Madagascar?
8. What is the capital of Madagascar?
9. The famous Sarcopterygian genus, Coelacanth, was thought to have been extinct for 60 million years. In 1938 a fisherman caught one in what body of water that borders Madagascar?
10. National parks, nature reserves, and special reserves together cover what percentage of Madagascar?
11. Around what period was Madagascar first settled by humans?
12. Who was the first European to lay eyes on Madagascar?
13. What is Madagascar's unit of currency?
14. The influence of African culture is most strongly felt in what region of Madagascar?
15. In the 1970s, Madagascar produced 70 percent of the world's most labor-intensive crop. What is this crop?
Source: Author alquinn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor minch
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.