Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Africa is almost as wide as it is long. The southernmost point is in South Africa, the northernmost in Tunisia, and the easternmost point in Somalia. What country is the westernmost point of the mainland in?
2. Every country has a lowest point. Which country has the world's highest lowest point?
3. The Caprivi Strip is a narrow piece of land in which African country?
4. Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa. It borders three countries. Which one of these does NOT border it?
5. Only one country in Africa has Spanish as its official language. What is this country which has its capital on an island off the coast of the nation?
6. What is the name of the lake in Djibouti that is Africa's lowest point?
7. The Suez Canal in Egypt connects the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea. What year was construction finished?
8. How many independent African island nations are in the Indian Ocean?
9. The Tropic of Cancer runs through northern Africa. Which is the only country of the following that it actually runs through?
10. Which of the following countries does NOT have a river named after it?
Source: Author seychelles
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.