Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The tallest mountain in Europe is Mount Elbrus. Which large country is it located in?
2. Mont Blanc is a well-known mountain that also happens to contain the highest point in France and which other country?
3. Our next mountain is called Monte Rosa in Italian and German and Mont Rose in French. Which country claims this as its highest peak?
4. Mount Bazarduzu is located on the border of Russia and another former Soviet Republic. In what predominantly Muslim country is it the highest point?
5. Grossglockner is the name of the highest peak of which country that hosted the Winter Olympics in 1964 and 1976?
6. Coma Pedrosa is the highest peak in which landlocked mountainous country?
7. The highest point in Greece is known from ancient times for the twelve residents believed to have lived there. What is it known as?
8. The summit of Mount Korab forms the border of which two neighbors of Greece, and is also the highest peak in both?
9. Ben Nevis is the highest mountain in the United Kingdom. In which highland country is it located?
10. Not every European country has a high mountain. Which country's highest point, Chemin des Revoires, is only about 160 meters above sea level, not surprising considering the size and location of the county?
Source: Author andymuenz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.