Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Located in the western Philadelphia suburbs is this community named after a colonial era inn. What is this place that is now the home of one of the largest shopping malls in the United States with over 400 stores and restaurants?
2. The Amish area of Pennsylvania around Lancaster is noted for some of the more unusual names in the state. Which of these is not a real Pennsylvania place name located in Lancaster County?
3. Located just south of Lancaster, PA is a small town whose main feature was its wonderful trees. What name was used for the town to pay tribute to these?
4. What is the name of the town located just east of Washington, PA off Interstate 70? A major building supplies and home improvement company got its name from the town's name.
5. Which of the following names is not a town or city in Pennsylvania?
6. What is the town in Erie County, PA in the northwest corner of the state that is named for its geographical location?
7. In what Pennsylvania borough is the main campus of Penn State University located?
8. Located just southwest of Williamsport, PA is a town with an interesting geographical name related to one of Pennsylvania's neighboring states. What is the name of this town?
9. Mauch Chunk, PA in the 1950s decided to change its name in order to attract more tourist interest. It chose to name itself after one of the great minority athletes of the first half of the twentieth century. What became the new name of the town?
10. Located southeast of Philadelphia, PA is a small unincorporated area that is the home of a dairy which adopted the name of the town. A string of convenience stores also has the same name. What is this name?
Source: Author maninmidohio
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Exit10
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.