Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This woman wanted to help her husband's textile business and ended up becoming the first woman in the United States to file for a patent. What was her name?
2. Born and raised in a wealthy, liberal family, this woman became the first woman to graduate from medical school and work as a medical doctor in 1849. What was her name?
3. Ann Dunwoody was a career Army officer, becoming the first female general at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. In 2008, she became the first woman to hold what position in the US Army?
4. What Pacific island nation became the first country in the world to give women the right to vote?
5. In 1900, Charlotte Cooper became the first woman to win a gold medal at the Olympics. In what event did she compete?
6. Arabella Mansfield, the first female lawyer in the United States, was admitted to the bar of what state?
7. In 1872, Victoria Woodhull became the first woman to run for what US office?
8. This co-founder of Hull House was the first American woman to win the Nobel Peace Prize.
9. It was not until 2010 that a woman won an Academy Award for Best Director. Who was the woman who broke this barrier?
10. This author of "The Age of Innocence" became the first women to win a Pulitzer Prize.
Source: Author irishchic5
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.