Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Our first illustrated cat comes from Egypt, and is pretty old. Which Egyptian deity considered cats were sacred and as a result mummified cats have been found along with statues of them?
2. Our next illustrated cat is featured in "Laughing Children With A Cat", a 1629 painting by which Frans Hals student?
3. Our next illustrated cat is from 1797. "The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters" was etched by which Spanish artist?
4. Moving on to the 19th century, we now have an illustrated cat from Japan. The title of this 1858 artwork is "Cat in a Window", but who is the man behind its creation?
5. This next illustrated cat was painted by one of the most famous impressionists in history. Who painted "Julie Manet With A Cat" in 1867?
6. The next illustrated cat is a woodcut by Felix Vallotton. Which is the country of birth of the painter of "La Paresse (Laziness)"?
7. Another cat was illustrated by Frenchman Pierre Bonnard in 1903 as one of many drawings he made for "Histoires Naturelles". Who was the author of "Histoires Naturelles"?
8. In 1913, a Russian artist painted "Paris through the Window", including a cat in it. Who is the artist?
9. This German expressionist created the artwork "Cats" in 1921. Who is he?
10. This last illustrated cat was painted by none other than Pablo Picasso. What was the name of this 1939 painting, which, according to some, symbolized the cruelty of the laws of nature?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.