Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Hey there mates, before me and the rest of the group start our concert, we decided to tell you a bit about ourselves. Okay...looks as if they are sticking me out front since this was all my magnificent idea. Well, enough rambling from me...onwards mates. Time for you to guess who I am. I was born on 30 December 1945 with the middle name of Thomas. Another musician had to change his surname because of me! Impressive, eh? Oh, and to make sure that you know exactly who I am, my number one fan is none other than "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia". Now that should tell you exactly who I am?
2. Oh geesh..What?! It is my turn! How dare they, uh? Okay, here goes...I was born on 30 December 1942, in Dallas, Texas with the first name of Robert. Okay, let's see what else I can tell you about myself...hmm...well, I was the only Monkee to answer the producers call through a classified advertisement! You say that still isn't enough for you to guess who I am?! I know that this will do it for you...ready? My mother invented a product that can erase mistakes that are either typed or written...now do you know who I am?
3. All righty...all righty! We know you want to hear one of our more popular songs...so here goes..."I thought love was more or less a given thing, seems the more I gave the less I got...What's the use in tryin'? All you get is pain. When I needed sunshine I got rain..." You all liked that one, eh? Only thing is for some reason all of our fans think we wrote this song?! But, we didn't! We know who wrote the lyrics, but do you?
4. Hey there! Ah, it looks like they have you all warmed up for me...So tell me, are you ready to guess who I am? Ah, you are now, are you? Okay, let's see what I can muster up for you in the form of clues...well if I you told that my last name is not spelt how you think it is, and gave you the correct spelling well then you would have the answer for this question, but I am smarter than that...Oh what? What was that? My mates are laughing at me now! Do you believe that! Oh, okay, I know I am putting off giving you clues, but guess I can't put it off much longer, eh? Well, I was born on 13 February 1942 with the odd middle name of Halsten...Do you believe that! My mother did that to me! Oh, and I was born in Washington, DC. Now tell me who I am so I can come out from behind this silly curtain!
5. Okay...three of us are going to sing a bit of one our songs for you...Well, after all this is a concert, right?! Okay so here goes..."With the music of life, my soul is out of tune and I feel like I'm growing old much too soon...My love I just couldn't compare, and the key to my happiness, I let slip away..." Not one of our more popular songs, but a song nevertheless, eh? Okay, so do you know which one our songs we just performed for you?
6. Okay...we still have one more band mate to introduce, but before we do that we want to see just how much of a fan you really are! If you love us as much as you say you do, then this should be so easy for you! Are you ready? Okay..which one of us was the featured vocalist for our song "Last Train to Clarksville"?
7. Ah, okay folks he's ready...finally! Amazing, eh? All this time he has made you wait...Now this should be good, right? Well, at least we all hope so! Okay here goes...I was born with the first name of George on 8 March 1945 in Los Angeles, California. What?! You say that is not enough for you to guess who I am? Well, I am the only one of the four left behind this zany looking curtain! Oh come on! Oh, all right, I'll give you a few more clues...hmm...this is going to be a bit more difficult than I thought, hehe..I auditioned for the part of Fonzie in the hit series "Happy Days"..yeah I know a shocker, eh? Oh, and I had to learn to play the drums for real when we started touring outside of our television show...Come on now everyone shout out real my name!
8. Ah, here we go...now that you know which band member is which, and before we start up another song, we have an interesting tidbit for you. Ready? Okay, here goes...In 1983, one of us produced the music video for Lionel Richie's hit song "All Night Long". We know which one of us produced it, but do you our ever loving fans know?
9. All righty then! Before our grand finale, one more tidbit that you will enjoy! Oh what! you want us to hurry, eh? You really want to hear us all sing a song?! Awww isn't that so sweet! Our fans really do love us! Okay, we'll hurry this question up then...Our 1967 album "Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones LTD" was supposed to be released with a different title! I see some of you shaking your heads! You don't know it! Oh my goodness fellas do you believe it! They are not sure?! Think we should make it really easy for them and give them a multiple choice answer? Yeah, I think we should too! Okay, out of the four titles, which one is what the album was supposed to be titled?
10. And now for the moment you have all been waiting for...Our grand finale! Here goes...One, two, three...ready guys! "I love you, girl, now that's the truth...I need you, don't be cruel, don't be cruel. Give me just a little help and to show how much I care...." Well, we can't make it that easy and give you the rest of the lyric, because then we would be giving you the song title if we did that! Hehe..You really like that song, eh? Okay, humour us and tell us which song those lyrics come from!
Source: Author JuniorTheJaws
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Dalgleish
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.