Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Dave Spitz was the bass guitar player on the 1986 Black Sabbath album "Seventh Star". The album wasn't necessarily a classic Sabbath sounding album as it was originally to be a Tony Iommi solo album. Dave Spitz did a great job offering his skills as the bass player on the album. Of the following, which tidbit of information regarding Dave Spitz is untrue?
2. Bev Bevan teamed up with the band Black Sabbath and was included on the 1987 album "The Eternal Idol". Mr. Bevan is probably more well known as the drummer for which popular rock band known for their symphonic and progressive sound?
3. Ray Gillen spent time in Black Sabbath as their vocalist, appearing on the album "The Eternal Idol". His vocal talents may be more associated with another rock band though. Which band featured ex-Ozzy Osbourne guitarist Jake E. Lee and one-time Sabbath vocalist Ray Gillen?
4. Which singer replaced original Black Sabbath vocalist for a very brief period, but was out of a job when he was fired in January of 1978 when Ozzy decided to rejoin the band?
5. Bob Daisley is a tremendously talented bass player who once joined Black Sabbath to record the "The Eternal Idol" album. He is also well know as the bassist in Ozzy Osbourne's band when Ozzy left Black Sabbath in 1979. Bob Daisley has been in and out of many great bands over the years and has appeared on numerous albums as either a guest musician or an actual band member. One such band was Rainbow, with whom Daisley played from 1977 to 1979. Which of these Rainbow albums is Daisley credited as the bass player?
6. Vinny Appice is a drum machine. It's difficult to find a rock drummer with his skill level and endurance. Vinny has been in several incarnations of Black Sabbath over the years and has appeared on several albums including "Mob Rules", "Live Evil" and "Dehumanizer". More recently, Vinny has put together a new band with even a harder sound than Black Sabbath. His band mates in this project include Rex Brown of Pantera fame and Mark Zavon from the band Down. What is the name of this band?
7. David Donato is a vocalist who appeared on a limited scale with Black Sabbath, primarily recording a few demos in the mid 1980s. Mr. Donato may well best be remembered as the vocalist of the glam-rock band White Tiger. Which ex-Kiss guitarist team up with David Donato in the band White Tiger?
8. Andrew Lloyd Webber even has a connection to Black Sabbath. No, he was never a member, but one of Black Sabbath's past vocalists appeared on the "Jesus Christ Superstar" album which was penned by Webber and Tim Rice, portraying the title role. Which ex-Sabbath vocalist appeared on the "Jesus Chris Superstar" album?
9. Glenn Hughes is a bass player and vocalist whose credits include time with Deep Purple, Gary Moore, Trapeze and Black Sabbath. Hughes played on the Black Sabbath featuring Tony Iommi album "Seventh Star" in 1986. Hughes formed a supergroup in 2009 with guitar virtuoso Joe Bonamassa, drum legend Jason Bonham and keyboard prodigy Derek Sherinian. What is the name of this band?
10. Eric Singer replaced Bill Ward in Black Sabbath for a while after the Live Aid concerts. Eric played on the "Seventh Star" and "The Eternal Idol" albums. Eric is best known as the drummer for which other hard rock band?
Source: Author ralzzz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor kyleisalive
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.