Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "No Prayer for the Dying" represented a significant departure in sound from Maiden's two previous albums ("Somewhere in Time", "Seventh Son of a Seventh Son"). Which band member was displeased by this change and subsequently left the group?
2. Three German cities are mentioned in the lyrics to the song "Tailgunner." Which of these is NOT mentioned?
3. The song "Holy Smoke" alludes to hypocritical televangelists and some of the troubles they got into in the late 1980s. Who of the following was taken down by a scandal involving a prostitute in 1988?
4. What would an Iron Maiden quiz be without a question on the iconic Eddie. What is Eddie doing on the original (1990) cover art for "No Prayer for the Dying"?
5. Which song from "No Prayer for the Dying" contains these lyrics?
"The grief and misery for the ones that are left behind
The worst is yet to come a hell to face mankind "
6. Iron Maiden's only UK number one hit came from this album. Which track is it?
7. Fill in the lyric from "Mother Russia."
"Can you be happy now _______________?"
8. In which of these countries was "No Prayer for the Dying" certified platinum?
9. One of the song titles on the album shares its name with a classic 1950s film. Which offering is this?
10. In the first few lines of "Hooks in You" which past Iron Maiden song is referenced?
Source: Author camhammer
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.