Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Release Me" is Engelbert's signature song. Did Elvis make a studio recording of the song or include it on a concert album issued during his lifetime?
2. Both Elvis and Engelbert covered Glen Campbell's breakout 1967 hit "Gentle on My Mind". Did they both release it the same year?
3. Which song, recorded by both Elvis and Engelbert, contains this lyric fragment?
"And yes, I know how lonely life can be
The shadows follow me, and the night won't set me free
But I don't let the evening get me down
Now that you're around me"
4. Both Elvis and Engelbert recorded "If I Were You". Is this the same song, or two different songs with the same title?
5. In latter years "For the Good Times, from his 1970s era album "Sweetheart", became a staple of Engelbert's concerts. Did Elvis release a studio recording of the song during his lifetime?
6. Both Elvis and Engelbert recorded "There Goes My Everything" by Dallas Frazier. Whose record came out first?
7. What is the title of the evergreen standard, that includes this lyric fragment, recorded by both Elvis and Engelbert?
"I'm not alone in the night
When I can have all the love you write"
8. Both Elvis and Engelbert made studio recordings of the Gospel song "Put Your Hand in the Hand". What surprising fact is true of both recordings?
9. What is the title of the Kris Kristofferson-penned song, recorded by both Elvis and Engelbert, that begins:
"Take the ribbon from your hair
Shake it loose and let it fall"
10. This question is a little different.
Both Elvis and Engelbert performed the hit song "It's Impossible" at shows that were recorded for release on concert albums. The question is, who had the original hit?
Source: Author Catreona
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.