Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Who was the wife of Henry VI of England?
2. Which of Edward IV's brothers was drowned in a butt of Malmsey (wine) on Edward's orders?
3. Who was Mary Queen of Scots' third husband?
4. Who was the woman that King John had thrown into a dungeon with her son and then had them starved to death?
5. What palace was Mary Queen of Scots born in?
6. Between what years did Elizabeth I reign over England?
7. Who was Edward IV secretly betrothed to before he married Elizabeth Woodville?
8. What, as he lay dying, did James the V of Scotland say when he was informed of the birth of his daughter Mary?
9. In which year was Richard III crowned King of England?
10. The "Kingmaker" was the nickname of which English Earl?
11. How many children did Elizabeth of York bear her husband King Henry VII?
12. What was the name of King Henry I of England's son who drowned when the White Ship foundered and sank off the coast of Normandy in 1120?
13. Where did the last battle of the War of the Roses take place?
14. Which of these people was NOT executed, but died in battle?
15. What was found hidden under the skirts of Mary Queen of Scots after she was beheaded in 1587?
16. In what year was Lady Jane Grey executed?
17. Who was the second of Henry VIII's wives to be executed on his orders?
18. Which English King on his deathbed murmured "Shame, shame upon a conquered King"?
19. Which Queen consort of England was descibed as the "most beautiful woman in Christendom"?
20. Who had Margaret Countess of Salisbury executed in 1541?
Source: Author STORMY13
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.