Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these pirates was considered the most successful for having taken 400 ships in the space of only three years?
2. Which pirate went by the name "Blackbeard" due to braiding his beard with lighted tapers so as to appear more fearsome to his victims?
3. Which pirate was told, when going to the gallows, that if he had "fought like a man" then he would not have to "die like a dog"?
4. Which pirate bought his own ship, rather than stealing it, and became a pirate, according to legend, to get away from his wife's nagging?
5. Which pirate made so much money that he was able to retire, only to miss the pirate life, return to the sea and to be killed while trying to capture a prize in the Red Sea?
6. Which pirate was so cruel that, shortly after an instance of interrogating prisoners (and literally eating the heart of one of the prisoners), most of his crew deserted?
7. Which pirate, after deciding not to attack a French warship, was voted out as captain, and replaced by Jack Rackham?
8. Which English pirate, after stealing from the East India Company, received a pardon from the French and retired to France where he became a wealthy shipping magnate?
9. Which pirate was the captain of the 'Happy Delivery'? His eventual end was to suicide rather than face the hangman.
10. Which pirate was commissioned as a pirate hunter in 1696, before turning pirate in the Indian Ocean?
Source: Author dgcox
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Jim_in_Oz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.