Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Following an extensive and expensive promotional campaign, the ABC Television Network premiered their new drama series, "MacGruder and Loud" on Sunday, January 20, 1985. In the series, Malcolm MacGruder and Jenny Loud worked together in what profession?
2. The popular and successful series, "Cagney and Lacey" (1982) ran for seven years on the CBS Television Network. The series starred Tyne Daly as New York City Police Detective Mary Beth Lacey, and Sharon Gless as her partner, Detective Christine Cagney. Among the cast members was Sidney Clute, who played Detective Paul La Guardia. Clute appeared in only 36 episodes in the first years of the series (1982-1985), however, his name and picture appeared in the opening credits for the entire run of the series (125 episodes). Why did Clute's opening credit remain long after he departed the series?
3. During the 1980's, which popular situation comedy series won the most number of Emmy Awards for "Best Comedy Series"?
4. During the 1980's, several television series created by producer/screenwriter Donald P. Bellisario aired on network television. Which 1980's series was NOT a product created by Bellisario?
5. Which popular series featured the characters Florence Kleiner, Roz Russell, Selma Hacker, Christine Sullivan, Reinhold Elmore, and Nostradamus Shannon?
6. Which long running (10 years or more) prime time CBS series broadcast its final episode during the 1980's?
7. The 1980's was highlighted by a number of long running, great situation comedy series. Of the popular shows listed, which series did NOT premier in the 1980's?
8. This was the basic plot for a 1980's series:
Two public servants are selected to participate in a government program. granted federal authority, and presented with a government created, highly sophisticated tool to assist them with their duties. Their local operations are overseen by the federal agency known as APEX.
What 1980's series does this summary reflect?
9. At the 1981 Emmy Awards ceremonies, which cast members of the highly acclaimed series "Hill Street Blues" did NOT win an Emmy Award in their nominated category?
10. Which crime drama series from the 1980'a featured the characters Harry Truman Ioki, Judith Hoffs, Dennis Booker, Adam Fuller, and Tom Hanson?
Source: Author MaceoMack
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor ladymacb29
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.