Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. How old was Tyler when his mother died?
2. John Tyler was at one time believed to be a great-great-great-uncle to which future US President?
3. How many children did Tyler have by his two marriages that lived to maturity?
4. While Tyler was a member of the House of Representatives, he supported the Missouri Compromise of 1820.
5. Because of his service in the War of 1812, Tyler was awarded a veteran's bonus of 160 acres. That land was located near what present US city?
6. Which of these offices did Tyler not hold before becoming vice-president in 1841?
7. Which of the following men did not serve Tyler as secretary of state?
8. The veto of what bill by Tyler caused every member of his cabinet, except one, to resign?
9. Six people were killed when a cannon exploded during a firing exhibition attended by Tyler on February 28, 1844. The cannon was named what?
10. Who was the only man that Tyler nominated to the US supreme court?
11. Texas officially became a state during the Tyler administration.
12. What was the name of the hotel that Tyler was staying at when he died in 1862?
13. What were John Tyler's last words?
14. John Tyler was buried in Hollywood Cemetary in Richmond near which former US president?
15. When did the US Congress authorize a memorial stone for the grave of John Tyler?
Source: Author AdmiralShark
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor thejazzkickazz
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.