Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Paradise is an area of Newcastle-upon-Tyne on the Scotswood Road in England. What might you hope to see if you go along the Scotswood Road?
2. Paradise is in a National Park in Washington state, USA, with views of an active volcano. Which park is it?
3. An island in the Caribbean sounds idyllic, but, as far as I know, only one of them has a village called Paradise. It is located on Grenada, near the town of Grenville, in a parish dedicated to which patron saint of the British Isles? He is also known to protect Greece and fishermen.
4. Paradise, on the shores of Whitefish Bay in Lake Superior is, I'm sure, a lovely little town. However the crew of which ship found it anything but paradisical as they tried to reach the shelter of the bay one stormy night in November 1975?
5. If you want to find Paradise in Canada, you'll need to go to the east coast. In which province is it located?
6. John Prine wrote a song in 1971 about what happened at Paradise, Kentucky. An electricity plant was built nearby, and there were health concerns because of it. What sort of plant was it?
7. In Australia, Paradise is a suburb of which city, known as the City of Churches?
8. For Paradise in Nevada, fly into McCarran International Airport and visit The Strip, well-known for its hotels and casinos. Many people doing so assume that they are in which city?
9. A corner of south-east Arizona might have seemed like Paradise when copper was found there at the beginning of the twentieth century. That may be why the town which grew up there was given the name, but it lasted less than fifty years and became a ___ town.
10. Paradise in New Zealand was chosen by Peter Jackson as the setting for part of which series of films?
Source: Author Lottie1001
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.