Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I rise in northern France and I am one of Europe's major rivers. I flow northwards to Belgium and then to the Netherlands, finally spliting in two before entering the North Sea. My name at the end of my journey is different from the name I started with. What is my first name?
2. I am not a long river. I rise in Apeninnes and enter the Ligurain sea 150 miles later. An Italian city famous for its art treasures lies on my banks. What river am I?
3. I rise in the Rocky Mountains in British Columbia, Canada. I flow south across the US border into Washington and continue in a large arc until I reach the Oregon border. I then flow westwards to the Pacific Ocean.
What river am I?
4. I rise in the Cumberland mountains and flow north-west past Frankfort and into the Ohio River. What river am I?
5. I rise in the mountains of Turkey, and flow through Syria and Iraq where I join another major river, before flowing into the Persian Gulf. What river am I?
6. I am generally considered the longest river in the world. Need I say more? What's my name?
7. I rise in Zambia, flow through Angola for a while before returning to Zambia. I continue flowing south for distance before turning to the east. As I flow east I plunge down one of the world's greatest waterfalls. What river am I?
8. I rise in Tibet, in the Himalayas, and around 1,900 miles later after passing through India and Pakistan, I enter the Arabian Sea. What river am I?
9. I rise in the Czech Republic and flow northwest through Germany past Hamburg to enter the North Sea at Cuxhaven.
10. If you have answered these questions correctly their first letters should spell the name of a river in North America.
Source: Author minch
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.