Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. A small airport, not far from the city center, is the first place you will see if you come to Luxembourg by plane. What was it known as?
2. Luxembourg, one of the smallest countries in Europe, is the only Grand Duchy in the world.
3. The oldest town in Luxembourg was founded in the 7th century AD by a monk. What is its name?
4. Vianden is one of the most visited cities in Luxembourg. Which renowned French writer lived there briefly in the 19th century?
5. "The Family of Man", a world-famous photo collection by Edward J. Steichen, originally assembled for New York's Museum of Modern Art, is hosted by which Luxembourgish city?
6. In which town on the banks of the Moselle river was an important agreement on the abolition of border controls within the European Union signed?
7. Luxembourg is mostly a white wine producer.
8. Which small town, on the border with Germany, is called "la perle de la Moselle"?
9. Luxembourg is a small country indeed. The distance from north to south is only:
10. Which important politician, one of Europe's founding fathers, was born in Luxembourg?
Source: Author beatka
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LilahDeDah
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.