Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Fight Song" was released in 2015, and its lyrics, such as "I might only have one match, but I can make an explosion" contain strong messages of empowerment. The song was used frequently at campaign events for U.S. Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016.
Which American artist, primarily known for her album "Wildfire" (which had tracks like "Stand by You" and "Better Place"), is responsible for "Fight Song"?
2. "Roar" was released in 2013, and had inspiring lyrics such as "I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar". Although there was some controversy because of its resemblance with Sara Bareilles' "Brave", Bareilles herself denied accusations of plagiarism.
Which American singer and songwriter, who has released multiple successful songs like "I Kissed a Girl", "Firework", and "Wide Awake", wanted us to "hear her roar"?
3. This artist is perhaps one of the most powerful women in the music industry. She has written more than one song with messages strong enough to empower women around the world, such as "Run the World (Girls)", "Diva", and "Grown Woman".
Which of these celebrities, who has received multiple Grammy Awards and married rapper Jay-Z in 2008, sang: "I'm a grown woman, I can do whatever I want"?
4. The women in our lives often to supernatural efforts to care for us, and in some cases, to provide for their children. This feeling is encapsulated in the song "Superwoman", which has the lyrics: "Cause even when I'm a mess, I still put on a vest, with an "S" on my chest, oh yes, I'm Superwoman".
Who is the talented artist (also known for "Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart" and her collaboration with Jay-Z, "Empire State of Mind") who released "Superwoman" in 2008, and famously stopped wearing makeup in 2016?
5. An icon of feminism and female empowerment, this entertainer has had a long and successful career in music. Her song "Express Yourself" is considered by many to be a feminist anthem, with lyrics like "don't go for second best, baby, put your love to the test".
Named after the word Italians use to refer to Christ's mother, which artist has produced many successful hits such as "Like a Virgin", "Like a Prayer", and "Papa Don't Preach?
6. "Try" is a slow piano ballad which the artist herself has described as a song for people to "learn to represent who they are, imperfections and all". The song was co-written by Babyface, a prolific songwriter who has collaborated with many other musicians.
Which singer and songwriter, who is also known for her songs "Bubbly" and "Fallin' For You", as well as her collaboration "Lucky" with Jason Mraz, wrote this tune?
7. This artist rose to fame in 2007 when the Disney show "Wizards of Waverly Place" premiered. With her band, she has released songs like "Love You Like a Love Song" and "Naturally".
Which of these singers and actresses released "Who Says?", a song that has the lyrics "who says?, who says you're not perfect?, who says you're not worth it?", in 2011?
8. The singer of "Secrets" says: "I know I'm not the only one, who spent so long attempting to be someone else, well, I'm over it" in yet another empowering song that encourages listeners not to care about what other people think about them.
Which musician, who has released songs like "Hang Out With You" and "She Keeps Me Warm" (which she wrote after collaborating with Macklemore to produce "Same Love"), released "Secrets" in 2014?
9. "Beautiful" was released in 2002 and it has now become a critically acclaimed song about self-acceptance and recognizing inner beauty, with lyrics like "I am beautiful no matter what they say, words can't bring me down".
Which artist, known for songs like "Genie in a Bottle", "Ain't No Other Man", and "Say Something", also recorded "Beautiful"?
10. "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" was a highly successful song in the 1980s. Originally written and recorded by Robert Hazard, the version released in 1983 by a female singer was much more popular, even receiving a Grammy nomination for Record of the Year.
Which of these music personalities recorded the iconic "Girls Just Want to Have Fun", now regarded as a feminist anthem, as the lead single of her debut studio album "She's So Unusual"?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.