Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This pitcher was the first Canadian inducted into the Hall of Fame. Born in Chatham, Ontario, he pitched for four teams throughout his 19 seasons in the big leagues. He was a 1971 Cy Young winner, and 20 years later inducted into the hall. Who is this Canadian pitcher?
2. The first Puerto Rican inducted into the Hall of Fame was a career Pittsburgh Pirate. Wearing the number 21, he had exactly 3000 hits in his career. Who was this right fielder who was killed on December 31, 1972, then was inducted in 1973?
3. This United States born Hall of Famer played 15 seasons with the Cubs, mostly at second base. He won nine Gold Gloves at the position, and was also the 1984 NL MVP. Who was this Cub that retired in 1997?
4. The first Hall of Famer born in the Dominican Republic was a San Francisco Giant pitcher in the 1960s and 1970s. Six times in his career he won 20+ games in a season, but was always overshadowed by likes of Sandy Koufax and Bob Gibson. Who was this high-kicking pitcher?
5. This Cuban-born player was inducted into baseball's Hall of Fame was a Cincinnati Red for 16 of his 23 seasons. Mostly seen at first base, he also played third base. Ironically, he never led the league in anything, but was that consistent each season to earn a spot in the Hall of Fame. Who was this player who went to five World Series?
6. Venezuela was represented in the Hall of Fame when this shortstop was inducted in the 1980s. He set a record for playing 2583 games at that position. Who was this White Sox player?
7. To prove that there were ships other than the Mayflower way back when, this England-born player-manager helmed the Boston Red Stockings of the new National Association from 1871-1875. He won four of the five pennants. Who was this 1953 Hall of Fame inductee?
8. This United States born pitcher made his name with the Tigers and Phillies. He retired in 1971 with 224 wins. Who is this pitcher?
9. This player was the first Hall of Famer who represented his home country of Panama. He played with the Twins and Angels. All seven of his batting titles came as a Twin. He also won the Rookie of the Year in 1967, and the 1977 MVP, also as a Twin. Who was this 1991 inductee?
10. This Hall of Famer was born in San Diego, Calfornia. He was a one-team player throughout his career. He batted for two Triple Crowns, won two MVPs, and was the runner-up for another four MVPs. He also smacked over 500 home runs in his career. Who is this 1966 Hall of Fame great?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.