Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 2009 San Francisco Giants began their franchise in 1883 in the National League as a New York team. What was the franchise's name in that inaugural season?
2. The New York Yankee franchise began their endeavors in 1901 as a new American League franchise. What team name did the franchise begin their hopes with?
3. In which year did the state of New York obtain a new National League franchise named the Mets, via league expansion?
4. Which New York franchise manager helmed a New York team for 31 seasons?
5. Who was the first New York Major League slugger to hit .400 in a season?
6. Who was the first New York Major League player to hit 50 home runs in a season?
7. Which New York pitcher was the first to win a Cy Young Award?
8. Which New York baseball team won the 1951 World Series?
9. Which New York team earned the nickname of 'Bronx Bombers' in 1927?
10. Which manager took a New York team to 10 World Series in 12 seasons?
Source: Author Nightmare
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.