Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In 1919, a steamship ran aground off the coast of Newfoundland, Canada. When all hope was lost, a Newfoundland dog called Tang that happened to be on board swam to shore with a lifeline. What was the name of the ship?
2. This heroic Newf was the mascot of the Royal Rifles of Canada during World War II, and gave his life defending Canadian soldiers.
3. Napoleon owed his life to a Newfoundland.
4. This Newfoundland is known for saving 11-year-old Andrea Anderson from freezing in a New Jersey blizzard.
5. This Newfoundland played the dog Lou in the movie "Police Academy II". He saved the life of his owner, Kathie Cullen, when her house caught fire.
6. Lord Byron once had a Newfoundland named...
7. This Newf accompanied Lewis and Clark on their famous expedition.
8. This American Newf belonged to the colonist Samuel Adams.
9. This was another American Newfoundland that belonged to Robert F. Kennedy while he served as Attorney General.
10. The first dog ever trained to save drowning people by jumping out of a helicopter is an English Newfoundland named Siki.
Source: Author newfiegrl6
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.