Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Mediterranean is the largest sea to border continental Europe. There are over 3,000 islands in this body of water, and the two largest both belong to one country. Which country is that?
2. The Aegean Sea is part of the eastern Mediterranean Sea. It touches only two countries, one of which is Turkey. What is the other one?
3. Which of these islands is located in the Irish Sea?
4. The Sea of Marmara is a small sea that is completely enclosed in the borders of just one country. Which country?
5. The Norwegian Sea borders Norway on its west coast, but what is the sea that sits to the north of Norway?
6. The Alboran Sea is a small sea that borders Europe. It only touches one European country, but which one?
A hint- it also borders two other countries that are on another continent.
7. What is the name of the sea that lies due south of Ireland and due west of France? It is part of the Atlantic Ocean and borders the Bay of Biscay, the English Channel and St Georges Channel.
8. What is the only country to touch both the Black Sea and the White Sea?
9. This is a small, shallow sea that is an offshoot of the North Sea. It borders the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark, and is separated from the North Sea by a string of islands. What is its name?
10. The Adriatic Sea borders the east coast of Italy, Albania, northern Greece and the Balkan countries of Slovenia, Croatia, Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Which city in southern Italy is the largest with an Adriatic coast?
Source: Author ozzz2002
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.