Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "The Flower City" and "The World's Image Center" are nicknames attributed to which city in New York State?
2. Which Pennsylvania city took its name from William Penn's home town in England?
3. The "Gateway to the Black Hills" is a nickname given to which city?
4. Las Vegas was America's gambling capital in the early 21st century, but which city held that distinction from the 1930s through to the 1950s?
5. Nicknamed "The Star City", which city in the Blue Ridge Mountains was originally called Big Lick?
6. Which city in New England built its wealth on the marble deposits found there?
7. Nicknamed the "City of Oaks", which city was named after an English explorer?
8. Which city is located at the mouth of the Root River on the shores of Lake Michigan?
9. Named after an English town on the River Thames, which city was capital of the Confederate States throughout most of the Civil War?
10. Louisiana Tech University is located in which city?
Source: Author Dizart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.