Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I've just found out I am gluten intolerant and I am going to sort through my cupboard and eliminate the foods that contain gluten. Let me check the crisped rice. It has: Rice, Sugar, Salt, Glucose-Fructose Syrup, Barley Malt Flavoring, Caramel Color and vitamins. Which ingredient is not gluten free?
2. Next I look at the lemon pepper spice, and on the side it says it contains monosodium glutamate (MSG). Does this mean it is not gluten free?
3. Humm, beef gravy, it says on the ingredients information modified food starch, beef fat, salt, natural flavoring and corn starch, but I don't see any sign of wheat flour in the ingredients. Which ingredient(s) may contain gluten?
4. Next, I look at the back of a pack of organic corn flakes and it says "gluten free". What gluten free grains might the box have listed in its ingredients?
5. I take a break from looking at my cupboard and search online for types of grain so I can narrow down what kinds are gluten free. The internet tells me which grains are gluten free and which are not. Which grain did I find that was not gluten free?
6. It's lunchtime now and I need a snack. I think I will have something I know is safe. I make some tuna fish and lettuce. The chips look good though, and I really like potato chips. It says "wheat free" on the package. The chip ingredients are potatoes, salt, dextrose, molasses, maltodextrin, tomato powder and flavoring. Was I tricked? What ingredient could contain gluten?
7. I look in the refrigerator for a beverage and see some cola. It lists Caramel color as one of the ingredients. Is Caramel color gluten free?
8. My sweet tooth is kicking in, and I crave chocolate candy for dessert. The ingredients list milk chocolate, peanuts, caramel and whey solids. Which ingredient contains the gluten?
9. Ok, I've gone through my cupboard and now it's time to check out my freezer for some frozen meat. I see that the frozen chicken is "broth seasoned". Is the chicken gluten free?
10. Now it's time to go to the grocery store to re-stock the pantry. Where will I find a majority of the gluten free food items?
Source: Author mobunny
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.