Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. June of 1994, this song was their sixth number one hit - can you name them?
"Like a thief in the night, you ran away with my heart
I can't believe my eyes, must be a bad dream
You always said we had a good thing"
2. Don't be "Walkin' Away" just yet, question number two needs an answer - what's your guess?
"Mirror, mirror, on my wall
Tell me who is the loneliest fool of all
Now wait a minute, I believe I see
The answer staring back at me"
3. One of the most recognized songs for the chosen group was a number two hit in 1995. So "There You Have It" ... which group will you choose?
"'Cause when you're around my defenses go down
Feelings get stronger, looks get longer
The closer you come, the weaker I get
If it ain't happened now, just ain't happened yet"
4. Only peaking at number 25 early 1994, this song should be well remembered by any listener from that time. How many of you recognize the group from this opening stanza?
"Wasn't I good to you, didn't I show it
And if I ever hurt you, I didn't know it
If you think I don't care, then you're mistaken
My love was always there, but now my heart's breakin'"
5. If you remember Alison Krauss as a guest singer on this band's "Somewhere in the Vicinity of the Heart" (1994), then you already know the answer ... do you?
"We could get lost baby I don't care
I ain't worried as long as you're there
There ain't no place that I'd rather be
Next to you, sittin' next to me"
6. Here is a number one hit from 1993 ... now I wonder after "All These Years", can you correctly identify the band from this opening verse?
"Well I've been called a self-made man
Girl don't you believe it's true
I know exactly how lucky I am
When I'm gettin' this close to you
It's high time I'm giving some praise
To those that got me where I am today"
7. Below is the chorus for this band's highest charted single - its B-side was "Jesus and Mama" ... which band would it be?
"I saw stars dancing on the water
I heard Elvis singing Blue Suede Shoes
That old muddy river was my witness
The night I fell in love with the Queen of Memphis"
8. Originally known as Texassee, this band once included John Rich (of Big & Rich). We know them now by what name?
"You can get beyond this
All those empty promises
They don't have to hold you down no more
Nothin' to explain to me
You don't even need a key
All you gotta do is knock and I'll unlock the door"
9. Filmed at Southfork Ranch in Dallas, Texas, the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders appear in this song's video ... which band is it?
"I've seen a lot of places
I've been around the world
I've seen some pretty faces
Been with some beautiful girls
But after all I've witnessed one thing still amazes me
Just like a miracle you have to see to believe"
10. Giving you a partial chorus line from a number one song, can you identify the group (don't get caught on the rebound!)?
"A wild imagination
A college education
Add it all up it's a deadly combination
She's a good bass fisher
A dynamite kisser
Country as a turnip green"
Source: Author annanne
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.