Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This man was an older brother of the famous Robert Dudley, and became the Earl of Warwick after his father's death in 1553. Do you know his name?
2. Katherine Parr is famous as the last wife of Henry VIII. However, she wasn't the only prominent Parr at the Tudor court. Can you name her oldest brother, the Marquess of Northampton?
3. Margaret Tudor is remembered as the Scottish Queen of James IV and sister to the English King Henry VIII. We know her son, James V, also became King and was the father of the famous Mary Queen of Scots. However, her only surviving daughter from her second marriage is less known. Can you name this daughter, the future Countess of Lennox?
4. Lettice Knollys is well known as the mother of the ill-fated Earl of Essex, cousin of Elizabeth I, and the last wife of Robert Dudley. But can you name her first husband, the often-forgotten father of the Earl of Essex?
5. Anne Boleyn fans know that there were rumors of a betrothal between her and Henry Percy, the future Duke of Northumberland. But have you heard of this man, who she was supposed to marry to resolve a dispute over the Earldom of Ormonde?
6. Royal children never went to school (till the second half of the 20th century). Instead, they were tutored by some of the best minds in England. Do you remember the name of one of Elizabeth's favorite childhood tutors?
7. Those of you who are familiar with King Henry VIII's 'Great Matter' will know that a special papal legate was sent to England to hear the case for the King's divorce at a special court. Who was this elderly legate, who stalled and postponed the court as long as possible, then ended it without having resolved a thing?
8. Francis Walsingham was a notable courtier to Elizabeth I. He is famous for his effective spy program that kept Elizabeth safe from assassination and plots. However, do you know his daughter, the future Countess of Essex?
9. This Englishman was a strong supporter of Katherine of Aragon and Mary I. He was a powerful force for the Roman Catholic cause, but was somehow able to avoid punishment for a long while. Can you name this man, the Bishop of Winchester?
10. Hans Holbein the Younger was a famous artist who painted some of the Tudor's most well-known portraits. However, this artist, who was prominent during the reign of Elizabeth I, is much less well known. Do you remember his name?
Source: Author princess_1990
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.