Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I was quite a nasty piece of work. I helped send my husband and sister-in-law to the scaffold although after serving five Queens I ended up there myself.
2. After the tiring job of running England for nine days I needed a rest, although not the permanant sort of rest my cousin offered me.
3. I had a bit of a way with the ladies, although my wife might not agree in view of her suspicious death. I managed to keep my head better than the other males in my family and my knowledge of horses helped me go far.
4. I think the nickname I was given was a little unfair. All I did was burn a few Protestants; it was for their own good to make them see the error of their ways. I loved my mother and husband but I wasn't so keen on that scheming sister of mine.
5. I lived in the Tower of London with my wife Mary. I was the Constable of the Tower and oversaw many executions including that of Henry VIII's unfortunate wife, Anne Boleyn.
6. I was a court painter to Henry VIII mostly of portraits. Perhaps my most famous painting was that of Henry's fourth Queen, Anne of Cleves, although that may not have been my best work. I died of the plague.
7. I had a bit of a reputation as a loose woman although I was only married twice. There was a question over parentage of some of my children after I shared a royal lover with my sister.
8. I was a favourite of Elizabeth I's due to my knowledge of mathematics and astrology. I also had an interest in the occult and it is said that I helped pick the date of Elizabeth's coronation.
9. I didn't find my Utopia whilst working as Henry VIII's Lord Chancellor. Due to my opposing views to Henry on his marital affairs I found myself not only jobless but headless too. On the plus side I did earn myself a sainthood.
10. The reign of my father and my uncle, which included the disappearance of my brothers, were turbulent times. This meant I was pleased to marry the new King and unite the two warring families, even if my husband was a bit of a miser. Who was I?
Source: Author hj1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.