Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which great-grandfather of King Henry VII was a monarch of a continental kingdom?
2. Which Tudor monarch reigned between the period of 1558-1603?
3. What battle established Henry Tudor the *future Henry VII* on the English throne?
4. Who was the only of Henry VIII's legitimate children to have a royal born mother at birth?
5. Why was Henry VIII given the title 'Defender of the Faith' in the early 16th century?
6. In what year did Katherine of Aragon give birth to her first child?
7. Why did Anne Boleyn despise Thomas Wolsey so much and work on his downfall so vehemently?
8. Who was the youngest of Henry VIII's six wives?
9. Before the death of his elder brother Arthur, Prince of Wales, Henry VIII had been destined for a career in what?
10. The downfall of Thomas Cromwell was mainly due to what?
11. Which wife of Henry VIII's converted from the Protestant religion to the Catholic?
12. King Henry VII and Queen Elizabeth of York had eight children altogether: Arthur, Margaret, Henry, Elizabeth, Edward, Edmund, Mary and Catherine. Which four died in infancy?
13. In Henry VIII's will, the descendants of whom did he declare unfit to ever inherit the English throne?
14. How was Queen Mary I related to the Holy Roman Emperor Charles V?
15. Who were the only two of Henry VIII's marriages that he thought were completely legal?
Source: Author Jaffas85
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.