Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Jefferson's estate of Monticello was not the only property he owned in the Charlottesville, Virginia countryside.
Which is the name of his other 483-acre property adjoining Monticello in Charlottesville?
2. Jefferson was adamant that his epitaph memorialize three - and only three - of his lifetime endeavors.
Which accomplishment did he consider less worthy of inclusion?
3. Which significant role did Martha "Patsy" Washington Jefferson Randolph play in the life and times of her father?
4. Only one state was added to the Union during Jefferson's 8-year administration.
Although its physical borders were established by an Act of Congress in 1803, its admission to the United States was not ratified at that time.
Which state had its formal admission to the United States delayed until August 7, 1953?
5. In which Frenchman did Jefferson place his confidence to pave the way with Napoleon for the negotiations to purchase the Port of New Orleans in 1803?
His guidance and influence resulted in the Louisiana Purchase.
6. Which of his two Vice-Presidents did Jefferson unsuccessfully pursue for conviction on criminal charges of treason against the United States?
7. As of 2008, the only Supreme Court justice to be impeached in the history of the United States was exonerated by trial in the Senate of the United States in 1805.
Who was this "victim" of alleged partisan political impeachment during Jefferson's administration?
8. On March 16, 1802 Jefferson signed "The Military Peace Establishment Act" authorizing the first United States military academy.
Which branch of the military staffed this first academy and where was it located?
9. Based on his 6th Annual Message to Congress, Jefferson signed into law which Act against "violations of human rights" on March 17, 1807, to become effective January 1, 1808?
10. Jefferson's impressive tombstone at Monticello is not the original grave marker; it is a replica of the original.
Where is the original tombstone of Jefferson's grave?
Source: Author socalmiguel
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.