Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. In September of 1991, Shanda began eighth grade at a junior high in New Albany, IN. On the night before her first day of school, Shanda went through her wardrobe to find the right outfit to wear the next day. What was the name of the junior high that Shanda attended?
2. During her first week at school, Shanda was in a fight, and received one week of in-school detention. What was the name of the girl who Shanda fought with, and had detention with?
3. Over the course of a few weeks, Shanda was coerced into a lesbian relationship with the girl, whom she had a fight with. Unbeknownst to Shanda, the girl had a lover. What was the name of the girl's lover?
4. In late October 1991, Shanda's mother transferred her to a new school, because of the threats that Shanda was receiving. What was the name of the new school that Shanda attended?
5. On the night of January 10, 1992, Loveless and three acquaintences went to a hardcore concert in Lousiville. After the concert, the four girls drove over to the house of Shanda's father, where Shanda was spending the weekend. Shanda was lured out of the house by the girls, because she was told that her friend, Amanda, wanted to see her. What were the names of Loveless' three acquaintences?
6. After Loveless, Tackett, Rippey, and Lawrence lured Shanda in the car, they headed toward Utica to a broken down and abandoned mansion. It would be here that Shanda would learn that she might not survive the night. What was the name that had been given the mansion since its demise?
7. After leaving the mansion ruins, Shanda's kidnappers decided to take her to a rural country road, just past Tackett's house. In which Indiana county did the girls take Shanda to?
8. After severely assaulting Shanda on the rural road, the kidnappers went to Tackett's house. Leaving Shanda in the trunk, the four girls went to Tackett's room. But soon, they heard screaming and banging. Which of the four girls went outside to silence Shanda?
9. During the early morning hours of January 11, 1992, Tackett and Loveless drove the severely beaten Shanda around the rural countryside, in an effort to let her die slowly. Shanda, refusing to die, kept banging on the inside of the trunk. At least three times during the ride, Tackett stopped the car and opened the trunk. Tackett assaulted Shanda with a blunt instrument. Which blunt instrument did Tackett hit Shanda with?
10. At daybreak on January 11, 1992, Loveless and Tackett wanted to show Rippey and Lawrence what they did to Shanda during the nightmarish ride. But Lawrence refused to look at the dying girl. Disgusted at Lawrence, Tackett told her to rev the engine in case Shanda started screaming. When Tackett opened the trunk, Rippey, seeing the bloody body of Shanda, decided that they must end the girl's suffering. Rippey sprayed liquid onto Shanda's bleeding body. What did Rippey spray Shanda with?
11. At 8:40 AM on January 11, 1992, Tackett and the girls drove to the Clark Oil Station, and bought a two liter bottle of Pepsi and several dollars worth of gas. When Loveless and Tackett tried to figure out where to take Shanda, Rippey told them about a rarely used road that she knew of, in which take Shanda. What is the name of the road where they brought the young girl?
12. About 10:15 AM on January 11, 1992, two men, who lived 60 miles away in a county called Caanan, loaded their hunting dogs in the back of their truck and headed out to go hunting. Less than a mile away, they came upon a smoldering body at the edge of a soybean field. What were the names of the two men?
13. Of Shanda's four assailants, who was the first one to go to the police?
14. What was the official cause of Shanda's death?
15. All four girls were given plea bargains.
Source: Author DakotaNorth
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor nerthus
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.